Permission To Skate (Newmarket Minor Hockey)

PrintPermission To Skate

Permission to Skate Form for York Simcoe Express AAA Tryouts


The Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA) requires that every player trying out for a AAA team provide their AAA zone with a Permission to Skate (PTS) form which they must obtain from their home centre prior to stepping on the ice.  In order to receive a PTS form from the Newmarket Minor Hockey Association (NMHA) a player must be a resident of Newmarket.  Please note that a permission to skate form is not a player release nor is it an OHF AAA Waiver form.


The NMHA can only provide a PTS form for the York Simcoe Express (YSE) for players eligible to play with the YSE.  We cannot provide a PTS form for any other AAA Zone.  If a player is cut from the YSE they can request an OHF AAA Waiver form from YSE to allow them to tryout with an adjoining AAA zone, otherwise they must come back to Newmarket to play. 


To speed up the process if you send an email to [email protected] with the following info, a PTS will be prepared for you provided the player’s registration for the past season can be verified.

Info Required:

Player Name

Date of Birth

Residence (full address)

Previous Season Team

YSE Team player is trying out for

Let us know if you will pick the form up from the NMHA office or want it sent by email (provide email address). Forms can be
picked up / will be emailed on April 9 2020.

Junior Permission to Skate forms will also be available early April.  To obtain a JR PTS follow the above steps.  A separate PTS
form is required for each Junior team.

Printed from on Monday, July 26, 2021 at 10:31 AM