Programs that are available for which one can apply for Assistance
We recognize that it can be expensive to play hockey. We want to ensure that every child who wants to play hockey has the opportunity to play hockey. There are organizations in Ontario which assist children to play organized sports such as hockey such as those listed below.
Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program
Canadian Tire JumpStart is a community-based charitable program that helps kids in financial need participate in organized sports and recreation activities such as hockey.
- Applicants must be 4 to 18 years old
- Funding up to $300 per child is available
- A maximum of one program per child is allowed per season
- Funding is available for different members of the same family during the same season
- Funding approval is dependent on the financial situation of each child and will be determined by the JumpStart Committee
KidSport is a grass roots Canadian non-profit organization that provides support to under-resourced children and youth 18 years of age and under by removing financial barriers that prevent them from playing organized sport.
- The KidSport grant covers up to $250 per child, per calendar year, to go towards registration fees and personal sports equipment
- Children 18 years old and under qualify for KidSport funding
- Applications must be submitted 45 days prior to activity start date
- The KidSport Ontario grant covers organized sports that are instructed by qualified coaches and that represent a sustainable sport experience
Hockey Canada Foundation's "Assist Fund"