Permission to Skate Form for York Simcoe Express AAA Tryouts, News (Newmarket Minor Hockey)

News Article
News Article Image
Mar 18, 2015 | Cathy Kopsala | 6060 views
Permission to Skate Form for York Simcoe Express AAA Tryouts
The Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA) requires that every player trying out for a AAA team provide their AAA zone with a Permission to Skate (PTS) form which they must obtain from their home centre prior to stepping on the ice. In order to receive a PTS form from the Newmarket Minor Hockey Association (NMHA) a player must be a resident of Newmarket. Please note that a permission to skate form is not a player release nor is it an OHF AAA Waiver form.

The NMHA can only provide a PTS form for the York Simcoe Express (YSE) for players eligible to play with the YSE. We cannot provide a PTS form for any other AAA Zone. If a player is cut from the YSE they can request an OHF AAA Waiver form from YSE to allow them to tryout with an adjoining AAA zone, otherwise they must come back to Newmarket to play.

Permission to skate forms will be available from the NMHA office as of April 6th.

To speed up the process if you send an email to [email protected] with the following info, a PTS can be prepared for you in advance provided the player’s registration for the past season can be verified.

Info Required:
Player Name
Date of Birth
Previous Season Team
YSE Team player is trying out for
Let us know if you will pick the form up, or want form faxed to you (provide number) or sent by email (provide email address).

If you have just moved to Newmarket from another centre you must complete an OMHA Player Transfer form, which must be submitted to the OMHA for approval prior to trying out.

Junior Permission to Skate forms will also be available as of April 6th.