The International Silver Stick – Newmarket Finals is looking for energetic volunteers to help with the organization of this prestigious annual tournament that is held here in Newmarket.
The International Silver Stick has been running since 1956 and Newmarket has hosted a Finals for the past 36 years. The organization of the International Silver Stick represents goodwill between Canada and the US through the sport of hockey. Our tournament hosts teams from all over North America.
In fact, last years tournament featured a team from Anchorage Alaska.
It is not necessary to understand all aspects of any one role to get involved. Assistance will be available to help guide you with any of the tasks involved. If you are interested in helping us by joining our Executive Planning Committee to take on one of the roles listed below, please contact the Tournament Director, Murray Taylor at [email protected]
- Responsible to garner sponsorships for the Tournament (pre-existing and new)
- Ensure sponsor artwork for the program production and rink banners
- Ensure collection of fees
- Work with program production – gathering of all information, coordination with production and printing
Social Media Director
- Responsible to manage the Twitter and Instagram accounts for the tournament while the tournament is in progress
- Posting pics and commentary of special events that take place during the tournament such as the opening ceremonies, skills competitions and Championship Sunday
Vendor Management Director
- Coordinates with all Vendors for the tournament weekend
- Arranges for proper locations with the Town
- Collects all revenues from “cash” vendors
- Responsible for Tournament Onsite Sales Tables (souvenir pucks, programs, scarves and toques)
- Track sales and ensure the safe keeping of the cash at the end of each day
Opening Ceremonies Coordinator
- Organizes/coordinates the production of the Opening Ceremonies
- Coordination of MC, Timbit’s (Future Stars), VIP’s, RCMP, National Anthem, Team Representatives
Skills Competition Coordinator
- Responsible for gathering and arranging all participant information from the teams
- Ensuring all participants are in the correct dressing rooms and ready to go prior to the start time
- Assisting in the tracking of the competition in all 4 age categories
- Ensure we have enough on-ice assistance for our on-ice lead for each of the 4 competitions
- Responsible to work with Vendors to obtain the various awards and banners required for the Championships and skills competitions as well as the occasional special awards as required.
- Preparing the banners for presentation
- Responsible for team intake
- Ensuring all required team documentation is received
- Ensuring tournament fees are processed
- Responsible for ice scheduling of the Tournament
- Responsible for Website management